Hands On Seminars: Fascial Treatment and Assessment Methods with Dr. Leon Chaitow - Online
Breathing Pattern Disorder: Presented by Dr. Leon Chaitow
Type - Online
Duration - 10 Contact Hours
Appropriate For - PTs, PTAs, OTs, OTAs, and Physicians
Language - English
If you are working on soft tissue and muscles, you are also working on fascia. You do not treat fascia, you treat the body, but by nature, the fascia is implicated as it is connected to everything and everything to it. Learning more about fascia allows you to perform treatments in a more effective manner. Because the body responds differently to pressure on a cellular level, it is important to understand the reactions caused by varying forces of pressure.
This course discusses the fascia and how to treat disorders of its function. You will learn the latest understanding relating to the anatomy and physiology of fascia. Dr. Chaitow explains the elements that make up fascial behavior including fluid dynamic aspects and the effects of treating the tissues. The course will cover selected Fascial Modalities each addressing a different therapeutic approach to the treatment of fascial dysfunction. The information presented builds on a background of what is now known or hypothesized in relation to fascial dysfunction and its repercussions on physical activity.
Compiled and edited by an internationally respected author, practitioner, and teacher, by completing this course you will have the background research, knowledge base, and the most effective manual therapy approaches for restoring or improving fascial function. The therapies discussed are all supported by research and relevant clinical evidence is summarized for each modality allowing you to immediately apply it in your practice and see results.
By the end of the course, the participant will learn the following:
- The different functions of the fascia including its capabilities
- The fascial properties including colloidal, viscoelasticity, and hysteresis
- Mechanotransduction, tensegrity, and cellular responses to manual therapy
- Myofascial Release and the effect on cells
- The purpose and functions of myofibroblasts
- Physiological effects were seen in acupuncture on connective tissue planes
- Phases and effects of water in the fascia due to pressure
- Various fascial dysfunctions including densification
- Fascial layers and continuity in different ligaments and joints
- The historical link between trigger points and fascia
- Different assessment methods including local and functional approaches
- To identify patterns where fascia could be more restricted
- Zink & Lawson’s Fascial Compensation Patterns and rotational preferences
- Myer’s ‘Myofascial Meridians’
With interest and research in fascia expanding, which is evidenced by this year’s fifth Fifth International Fascia Research Congress, there is no better time to expand your knowledge in the subject. Register for Dr. Chaitow’s course on Fascia today. This course is completely online and self-paced.
- http://www.physio-pedia.com/Breathing_Pattern_Disorders 8/8.
- Barker NJ, Jones M, O’Connell NE, Everard ML. Breathing exercises for dysfunctional breathing/hyperventilation syndrome in children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013 Dec 18;12:CD010376.
- Bradley H, Dr Esformes J.Breathing pattern disorders and functional movement. Int J Sports Phys Ther. 2014 Feb;9(1):28-39.
- Chaitow, L., Bradley, D. and Gilbert, C. Recognizing and Treating Breathing Disorders. Elsevier, 2014.
- Courtney R van Dixhoorn, J Evaluation of Breathing Pattern: Comparison of a Manual Assessment of Respiratory Motion(MARM) and Respiratory Induction Plethysmography. Appl Psychophysiol Biofeedback (2008) 33:91–100Bradley H, Dr Esformes J. Breathing pattern disorders and functional movement. Int J Sports Phys Ther. 2014 Feb;9(1):28-39.
- Jones M, Harvey A, Marston L, O’Connell NE Breathing exercises for dysfunctional breathing/hyperventilation syndrome in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013 May 31;5:CD009041.
- van Dixhoorn J, Duivenvoorden HJ. Efficacy of Nijmegen Questionnaire in recognition of the hyperventilation syndrome. J Psychosom Res. 1985;29(2):199-206.
- Will I have any direct interaction with Dr. Chaitow from this course?
Unfortunately, Dr. Chaitow passed away in 2018. These are the only existing fully developed online courses created by Leon Chaitow in collaboration with Hands-On Seminars. By permission of Leon Chaitow’s estate, these courses will remain available and supported and updated where necessary by his closest colleagues. The recommended reading material included in each module contains the information that will ultimately lead to success in the module tests.
- How long will I have access to this course?
Upon opening, you will have 1-year access to complete this course. All content is downloadable and yours to keep. After 1 year, only the opened content will be in your completed courses tab which you will be able to revisit after the 1 year is up and after completion.
- Do some exam questions contain multiple answers?
Yes, some of the questions from the exams on these courses contain multiple answers. It is up to you to decide based on your learned knowledge which requires more than one correct answer.
- If I have further questions regarding the course content or exams, what should I do?
Please contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
Dr. Leon Chaitow, ND, DO (deceased 2018)
Dr. Chaitow is a world-renowned practicing naturopath, osteopath, and acupuncturist in the United Kingdom, with over forty years of clinical experience. Dr. Chaitow was Editor-in-Chief, of the Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies.
He regularly lectured in the United States as well as Europe where he instructed physiotherapists (Holland and USA), osteopaths (Spain and UK), chiropractors (Denmark, USA, and UK) as well as massage therapists (Ireland, Sweden, USA). He was a senior lecturer at London’s University of Westminster on under and postgraduate courses in therapeutic bodywork and naturopathy.
In 1993, he became the first naturopath/osteopath to be appointed as a consultant to a UK government-funded conventional medical practice. A prolific author, Chaitow wrote over 60 books on natural health and alternative medicine.
Choose the below sign-on method.
Sign in or create a Marketplace
account for free.